Parkinson’s Disease Caregiver Resources
Navigating Parkinson’s disease is a life-long process for caregivers, but there is help and assistance. The following are some articles, groups, and other support for the Parkinson’s disease caregiver.
Family Caregiver Alliance
The first community-based nonprofit organization in the country to address the needs of families and friends providing long-term care at home. Programs are offered at national, state and local levels to support and sustain caregivers.
Caregiver Action Network (National Family Caregivers Association)
The Caregiver Action Network is the nation’s leading family caregiver organization working to improve the quality of life for the than 65 million Americans who care for loved ones with chronic conditions, disabilities, disease, or the frailties of old age.
Parkinson’s Disease Caregiver Articles
- The Family Unit and Parkinson’s Disease
- Keys to Caregiving
- Maintaining Independence in PD
- Caring in Parkinson’s – Caring for the Care Partner
- Coping with Dementia – Advice for Caregivers
- Caring in Parkinson’s – The PD Partnership
Info for Children
Books for Children
- The Tale of a Parkie Princess
- My Grandpa has Parkinson’s
- I’ll Hold Your Hand So You Won’t Fall: A Child’s Guide to Parkinson’s disease
- Who is Pee Dee? Explaining Parkinson’s Disease to a Child