Living an active lifestyle and exercising regularly is good for our health. People with Parkinson’s are no exception and may even gain more from exercise than someone without Parkinson’s disease (PD). People with PD are encouraged to exercise to the highest extent of their ability, which may include participating in an exercise program. Below you will find a list of exercise programs across the Carolinas. Always consult your doctor before beginning a new exercise regimen.
Thank you to all of our volunteer support group leaders and exercise instructors who organized these programs and keep them going.
Additional exercise programs facilitated by PAC are listed below. We ask that you practice caution when participating in all programs particularly exercise programs. Talk to your doctor about what program would be best for you, stay hydrated, exercise in a safe environment, move at your own pace and preferably with a partner or accredited instructor.
Gentle Yoga with Aminta St. Onge sponsored by Atrium Healthcare Foundation
In-Person Class Schedule
- Mondays at 2:30 P.M. | Unity Presbyterian Church – 303 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill, SC 29715
- Thursdays at 10 A.M. | India Hook United Methodist Church – 3300 Mount Gallant Road Rock Hill, SC 29732
- Thursday at 2:30 P.M. | Southminster – 8919 Park Road Charlotte, NC 28210
- Fridays at 1:30 P.M. | Levine JCC Charlotte – 5007 Providence Road Charlotte, NC 28226
- 1st & 3rd Saturday at 11:00 A.M. | Southminster – 8919 Park Road Charlotte, NC 28210
NEW CLASS ALERT!
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 10:00 A.M. at Lake Norman Muay Thai (107 Commons Drive, Suite I Mooresville, NC 28117)
Gentle Yoga classes are available via Zoom weekly on Wednesday at 12:30 P.M.
Meeting ID: 894 9599 4707
* Note: All Gentle Yoga classes are offered free of charge to program participants.
Pedaling for Parkinson’s with Beth Serepca sponsored by The Barnhill Family Foundation
In Person Class Schedule
This FREE class is held weekly on Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12:00 P.M. at Cape Fear Fitness (5130 Southport-Supply Rd, SE #103 Southport, NC 28461)
You can register by calling Cape Fear Fitness at 910-457-0085. Registration is not required, but encouraged as space is limited.
If you are unfamiliar with the location of the class, please prepare and plan accordingly for parking and accessing the classroom.
Dance for Parkinson’s with Jennifer Youse sponsored by Southminster
In Person Class Schedule
This FREE class is held weekly on Fridays at 12:30 P.M. at Southminster (8919 Park Road Charlotte, NC 28210).
You can register by emailing Instructor Jennifer Youse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is not required, but encouraged.
If you are unfamiliar with the location, of the class please prepare and plan accordingly for parking and accessing the classroom.