Join us for a two-day workshop that provides dance teachers, dancers, physical and occupational therapists and students, social workers, and allied health professionals with a comprehensive, inspiring introduction to the internationally-acclaimed Dance for PD® (Parkinson’s Disease) program.
- Learn best practices and methods from one of the program’s founding teachers.
- Hone your teaching skills.
- Deepen your knowledge with our specially-created modules and acclaimed interactive sessions.
- Participate in an actual Dance for Parkinson’s class with members of the local Parkinson’s community.
*Enrollment is limited*
To pre-register, please click here or call 1(800) 957-1046.
Facilitators: David Leventhal, Dance for PD founding teacher and Program Director
Maria Portman Kelly, Dance for PD Engagement and Programs Manager
Schedule: Saturday, November 18th & Sunday, November 19th from 9 AM to 5:30 PM
Tuition cost: Register by October 26, 2017 – $135
Register after October 26, 2017 – $150
Locations: Saturday – YWCA Central Carolinas, 3420 Park Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209
Sunday – Patricia McBride and Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux Center for Dance,
Charlotte Ballet, 701 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202
Highlights: Comprehensive training modules, interactive teaching practicum, demo class, safety best practices, networking.
Credits: Earn up to 30 training credits toward the 50 credits required to be eligible for Dance for PD certification.
To join us:
1. Complete the application to pre-register and hold a place.
2. Upon acceptance, complete the required online course and assessment (approximately 8-10 hours).
3. Simultaneously complete the final registration and payment (below) for the November workshop.
Workshop places are available on a first preregistered, first reserved basis. Enrollment is limited to ensure an optimal learning environment for participants. Your seat WILL NOT be reserved until you have completed: the pre-registration through Mark Morris Dance group, the online course assessment through Mark Morris Dance group, final registration below and payment to PAC.